The goal of this continuing education program is to provide imaging technologists with information regarding trauma situations and appropriate care of the trauma patient in the medical imaging setting.
After viewing this presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Describe current trends in trauma statistics.
- Identify and explain the basic rules of trauma and describe various trauma terminologies.
- Define key patient assessment procedures for the radiographer.
- Identify various trauma situations and discuss considerations for each, including portable procedures necessary for trauma radiography.
- Discuss minimum radiation dose associated with trauma radiography.
Categories: Digital Radiography, Radiation Safety/Protection